You will enter online, then bring your payment and hard copy worksheets to the office by August 19th. We will have to verify entries and send hard copies for submission.
· Youth livestock entries must include a current quality counts number.
· A CEA/AST must approve, sign, and submit all youth entries online and mail COMPLETE hard copies with payment by applicable deadlines.
· Submitting an entry application DOES NOT guarantee entry acceptance.
2020 competitive events hosted in Dallas:
• Youth market steers
• Youth market barrows
• Youth market lambs
• Youth market goats
• Youth market broilers
• Virtual Contests:
– Agri Science Fair
– Job Interview
– Public Speaking
2020 competitive events hosted in Waco in conjunction with the Heart O’ Texas Fair & Rodeo:
• “The United” Shows:
– Youth breeding heifers
– Youth prospect steers
– Youth purebred breeding gilts
• To make an entry in “The United” show, please visit HOTFair.com
4HCONNECT TO 4HONLINE, AUGUST 2020 TRANSITION
THINGS TO KNOW
• 4HConnect will be offline for maintenance August 1-14, 2020.
• 4HConnect will be renamed 4HOnline on August 15, 2020.
• 4HOnline will look different when enrollment opens on August 15, 2020. Family profiles, member profiles and login credentials will stay the same.
• 4HOnline is mobile friendly and easy to learn.
• 4HOnline will have better accessibility options.
• 4HOnline has major improvements in the payment, search, training, communication and report areas.
• Families will have to re-enter credit card information starting August 15, 2020.
• Every family account must have an email address. Visit google.com to create a free email account if needed.
• With any new program there will be issues to work out. The time period between August 15 to September 1 will be used to work those out
Junior Master Photographer/Photography Ambassador Workshops
The Texas 4-H Junior Master Photographer (JMP) program provides advanced instruction to photography enthusiasts. As a Junior Master Photographer, youth will be expected to return to their counties and districts to serve as teen leaders for the project. Additionally, Junior Master Photographers may be called upon by the County Extension Agent or 4-H Specialist to serve as photographers for various 4-H events and activities. Only dedicated photography project youth wishing to expand their knowledge as well as service to others should apply for this opportunity. In other words, youth do need to have a good working knowledge of their camera prior to attending this advanced training.
To be a certified Junior Master Photographer, candidates must:
Although there is no yearly performance requirement, Junior Master Photographers are expected to return to counties and districts to help expand their photography programs. They receive the Junior Master Photographer pin and certificate. Certified JMPs in 9th grade are eligible to apply to the State 4-H Photography Ambassador Program.
The JMP training consists of two one-day workshops. Below are the details for both:
JMP Workshop I
Date: Saturday, September 26
Location: Dallas Research and Extension Center
DSLR Camera Required
JMP Workshop II
Date: Sunday, December 13
Location: Dallas Research and Extension Center
Must have attended Workshop I
DSLR Camera Required
Please see the PDF brochures of the JMP and Ambassador programs below.
National 4-H STEM Challenge
The 4‑H STEM Challenge, formerly known as the National Youth Science Day (NYSD), is an annual initiative to inspire kids everywhere to take an interest in science, technology, engineering and math through hands-on learning. For the past 12 years, 4‑H has developed fun, accessible challenges that shows kids how STEM skills can be applied to the world around them. With the relaunch of the US space program, now is a perfect time to build upon that excitement.
The race to land humans on Mars is on! The 2020 4‑H STEM Challenge will explore sending a mission to Mars with the activity, Mars Base Camp. Developed by Google and Virginia Cooperative Extension, Mars Base Camp is a collection of activities that teaches kids ages 8-14 STEM skills like mechanical engineering, physics, computer science, and agriculture.
Order your kits today. October is officially 4-H STEM month, so help shine a spotlight on this fast-growing project area. There are two versions of the kit available this year. The “Family-sized Kit” is suitable for 1-4 youth. The “Educator Kit” is ideal for up to 12 youth.
Order kits here.Educational resources here
Federal has launched a special Fall 2020 Shotshell Program –open Aug, 1st through Aug, 30th (to submit orders). Our Customer Service Team will input the orders as they receive them and we will be shipping all orders Sept 1st through Sept 30th. We encourage orders to be paid by credit card if possible and payment will be taken at the time of shipping. In order to expedite the ordering process please do not call in to provide the information unless requested to do so by a Federal representative. Order Forms, available products and ordering details are attached below.
*This is for ammo to be used in youth programs exclusively, and is not for resale.*
*Please note the 25 case minimum order restriction – you may mix/match products to get to the 25 case min.*
Reminders and Important Information to Review Before Submitting Your Order
1. Order forms MUST be signed and dated certifying your age. If you submit your order without being completed our Customer Service Team will move onto the next order submitted to process so please complete the entire order including signatures in order to expedite processing. Please do not alter the order forms in any way, we must receive them completed and signed in order to process the order.
2. We encourage orders to be paid by credit card. If you selected to pay via credit card our Customer Service Department will contact you to acquire the needed information to process your order. Please allow them to contact you for payment when they are ready to process the order. Calling in early to give your information will only delay your order from being processed. We will take payment at the time of shipping so expect this to be in September.
3. If your program is State Sales Tax Exempt you must submit the correct State Sales Tax Exemption paperwork declaring you program as tax exempt with your order. (NOTE: your Federal 501C3 declaration letter is not the correct document.)
4. Please do not post this program information publicly, it is exclusive to qualified youth programs only.
Cost is $18/animal and must be ordered and paid for by Wednesday, August 26th.
Tags purchased after August 26 will be $30/animal.
You can submit the form and payment to the Extension Office by dropping them off in the black box by the front door or by appointment with the Extension Office (please call prior to arrival). You can also mail the form and payment to 325 Resource Dr., New Braunfels, TX 78132. It is your responsibility to make sure the mail arrives before the due date.
We are open 8-12 and 1-5, Monday through Friday.
**Validation will be some time in October - date TBA**
Electronic submission of intent forms will open Aug. 17, 2020 and will remain open until the deadline to submit intent forms of Sept. 15, or until we reach 160 contestants, whichever comes first. Once an exhibitor has received confirmation of a space being reserved in the program, they will be able to purchase their steers. Ear tags will be mailed to the exhibitor to include as the tag number for scale tickets. Each pen of steer will consist of three steers as in past years.
Additional information regarding scale ticket processes, the rules and the record book will be posted to the Livestock Exhibitor page of the website.
Should you have any new exhibitors for 2021 that you would like to add to the contact list, please email their information to email@example.com with the subject line of "New JCS Exhibitor".
Please note that this event is not limited to senior aged 4-H members only as Congress would have been. Both the Facebook live interviews and Zoom sessions are open to youth and adults, not just 4-H youth, of all ages. Some of the topics discussed may not be as captivating for junior aged youth as we will be addressing some of the actual bills submitted for Congress on the Zoom calls, but all youth and adults are welcome to attend.
Please help us spread the word to all Texas youth about this opportunity to get personalized horsemanship instruction through an online video submission from June 29th-July 6th.
Youth simply submit a 2-5 minute video (https://agrilife.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1Xi0beEA3Wba4gl) of themselves riding with information about what they want to learn/improve and a Texas A&M Summer Horsemanship School instructor will reply with useful training tips and feedback. Great practice for the upcoming State 4-H Horse Show!