Please click the link below for upcoming retreats at The Texas 4-H Conference Center!
Also see below for the Major Pager pdf that describes the degrees and career possibilities of Plant & Environmental Soil Science and Turfgrass Science majors.
Link for User Guide: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p5248.pdf
You must come in person to the Extension office to purchase your tags (exact change or check made payable to Comal 4-H Council).
Remember we're open 8-12 and 1-5, Monday through Friday.
Lamb & Goat Validation Updated!
October 18 - Smithson Valley High School - 1pm - 5pm
October 22 - New Braunfels High School - 2pm - 6pm
(make up date)
October 23 - Canyon High School - 1pm - 4pm
November 15 - 1 pm - 4 pm - Extension hog barn (with NBHS FFA)
June 18 - 8 am to 12 noon - Comal County fairgrounds - DONE!
**Reminder** Sign up open until October 12th.
We’re pleased to announce
that District 8 4-H will be hosting a Shooting Sports Coach Certification
Training for Archery, Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun in Stephenville on October
- Registration will be conducted through 4‐H Connect.
- Look for 2018 D8 4-H Shooting Sports Coach Certification (Stephenville) (Open state-wide)
- Registration will be open starting September 24 and closes October 12, 2018.
- Please pay close attention to the deadline!
- Cost is $120
- Registration will cover meals and course materials.
- Only one discipline certification (archery, pistol, rifle, or shotgun) is obtainable per participant per training.
- Lodging will be the responsibility of the participants.
- There is a small room block at the Holiday Inn Express. Additional hotels are listed on the website.
- Holiday Inn Express
121 Lockhart St.
Stephenville, TX 76401
$88 per night
Mention: District 8 4-H Shooting Sports Room Block
- Deadline to book room: October 1, 2018
- Event will begin at 8:00am on Saturday, October 27 and tentatively end at noon on Sunday, October 28, 2018.
- Tentative schedule, what to bring list, and release forms can be found on the website. Additional details will be sent to those that register.
If anyone has had trouble with Quality Counts, the website has had technical difficulties, but at this point, the site is back online and ready for use.
***EVERYONE must re-take the Quality Counts exam this year. This is an intensive course and may take 2-6 hours to complete. Each child's log in requires a separate and different email address.
The County Food Show is Sunday, November 4, 2018 @ 3:00 pm, located at the Extension Meeting Room.
To enter the county contest, using the google doc link below, enter your name, grade, division, and category by Monday, October 29, 2018.