Applications for the 2020/2021 cohort of 4-H Water Ambassadors is now open.
In just its third year, the program has had substantial impact, providing leadership opportunities and advanced knowledge on a wide diversity of Texas water issues! In 2019, the program was named winner of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality – Texas Environmental Excellence Award. With the financial support of many in the Texas water industry, water ambassadors are learning about the numerous industry careers and leadership opportunities. Since the program began in 2017, 74 4-H Water Ambassadors have reported more than 3,000 hours of education/service reaching more than 60,000 youth and adults with water education. They also provide a valuable resource to you, and can help with local water programming. Please help spread the word about this opportunity to eligible youth in your counties.
- Senior age (14-18) 4-H youth that exhibit a genuine interest in water/natural resources and a commitment to leadership
- Student has demonstrated leadership qualities and a willingness to help others
- Student resides in a county/district currently not represented or under-represented by existing 4-H Water Ambassadors
- Applicant goes to www.texas4hwaterambassadors.com to download application instructions
- Student will complete the online application at https://fs4.formsite.com/state4h/water/index.html
- Applications reviewed and up to (30) students are selected
- County extension agents notified of selected students in their county
- Applications due May 15, 2020