- Limiting our capacity to 50%, allowing for physical distancing in group settings.
- Limiting dorm capacity to allow for distancing in enclosed areas.
- Increased sanitation and cleaning measures to ensure the safety of campers and staff.
- Hand sanitizer available at a multitude of places on camp facilities.
- Updated and reviewed our Communicable disease plan for the 4-H Center.
- Restructured camp check-in and check-out: Will have a drive through registration and prescreening system.
- Meals will be grab and go style with Kitchen staff preparing and plating meals for all campers, disposable utensils will be used as well as paper plates, cups etc.
- We will increase supplies to limit shared equipment during activities and will disinfect any shared equipment between uses.
- Line Dances will be held under the stars
Texas 4-H Center Summer Camps
We are excited to be able to host youth this summer at 4-H Camp! We have taken time to work through the guidelines and recommendations set by the American Camp Association, CDC, Governor Abbott, and AgriLife Extension Leadership Team and we are confident that we will be able to create a safe camp environment for the youth of Texas. Here are a few of the practices we will be implementing: