4-H horse validation is now open on 4-H Connect. Instructions for families are outlined in the pdf below. Horse validation will be open from March 1st through May 1st and the cost will again be $10 per horse through April 15th and $20 per horse from April 16th through May 1st. The updated 4-H connect will only be accepting credit cards for payment.
A few reminders:
- Each validation must include front view, right side view, and left side view images. The entire horse should be included in the photo and marking should be clearly visible.
- If the horse is registered, a copy of the registration papers must be uploaded. These papers must list the 4-Her, parent, sibling, grandparent or legal guardian as the current owner. If the ownership is in the process of being transferred, please list “pending” in the registration number area. Once the updated registration papers have been received please send a copy to me and I can add it to the validation.
- Uploads must be images, pdfs are not an accepted file type.
- Families should validate each horse once. Once the horse is validated any sibling within that family is eligible to show the horse at district and/or state 4-H horse show.
- Youth validating a futurity horse must be at least 4-H age 12 (as of Sept. 1, 2020) and in at least the 6th grade.