We are excited to release the 2021 Virtual Texas 4-H LEAD Academy Program and Registration Information. This year, LEAD Academy will be hosted virtually (via ZOOM), June 1-3, 2021 (the week prior to Texas 4-H Roundup). We will be offering an Adult and a Youth track with several presentations being geared towards both groups. We have a total of 38 workshops lined up for the three day timespan and think you will enjoy the variety of topics being offered. Youth workshops will be held at 4:45pm, 6:00pm, and 7:15 pm. Adult workshops will be held at 11:00am, 12:15pm, 6:00pm, and 7:15pm.
In order to receive the links to participate in the workshops, each person wanting to participate must register at: https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/events/lead/, registration will open today, May 6th-21st. On the website, you will also find the link to the program to review the workshops and their descriptions. There will not be a charge to participate in this event this year.
What is LEAD Academy?
LEAD Academy is geared toward 4-H members who are currently in the 8th – 12th grades (as of 9/1/2020).
- Youth will gain practical, next-level leadership skills that will give them a heightened sense of responsibility and capacity to connect as active members of their communities, nation, and world.
- The event is designed to engage youth in hands-on educational activities in which they explore, practice, and master existing and newly developed skills and knowledge in civic engagement, civic education, and personal development.
- From this experience, we hope youth attending will apply what was learned to make a difference in their communities.
LEAD Academy Adult Volunteer Track is geared toward 4-H parents and adult volunteers.
- Volunteers can connect and network with other volunteers and parents.
- It is an opportunity for volunteers to sharpen their skills to help them while working with the 4-H members in their clubs and projects.
- Last year, a few sessions were offered for our adult volunteers. Our goal is to expand the workshop offerings for adult volunteers to help them to feel confident in working with the young people in our 4-H program.